Monday, April 29, 2013

                                        Room 5exp (base e) 567










           REPETITION  IS   TRUTH













....................................................................................................................................................
god i'm a liar but i'm not a liar god  / true is false false falsetto true / terror is pure as black water /
creamy devil name be or what is in a not expands what is loon in what a incarnadine in damn thee spot name all bloody faced seas man all valour black crawls better toward like as part the of my better with a blue pen eh?  darling buds do of very so oblivion out! great flies fly to madness lies 'Flesh Eggs and Scalp Metal' / your out look is my lookout / the deliverate error / Ted said he liked Dante, Poor Gloucestor / "Pauvre hombre"/ our minutes / "A third more opulent..."/ screw /
lonely Loney / the loneliness of the long distance runner / hasten end to their / each /  fuck them / courage / 'ambiguous undulations' / changed / what or who / the point sticks/ stumble the red room was / it is / on my blue/ passionate passion / passionfruit / these are fingers / loosen up man / i mean these are finger exercises /chocolate fingers / what / it matters / 'What's the matter with the matter?' / destruction is always more convincing than construction (sayeth Patrick White) / guitar / the Rodia Towers / Johnson / all the Johnsons / keep having ideas / "Out out, damn..." / Damn? / Damn the dam / probe / probe and prod / production / prudent production / 'A universe of anti-rooms' / 'A bee as large as a cat' / Smithyman and Silliman and the chess writer Silman / these things upon which i / am i what i am? / am i jam, or in a jam? / 'The Flat man flatted in flat street' 'A carton of cartoons in Karthoum (R. Taylor in "Go" ca. 1993 read with "The Poetry Brats" / Raewyn Alexander / Yves Harrison / Rennee Harrison / Matt Sunderland / (others fill in) / much more...."The hand that holds a pen is as subtle as a billion flies." ,...and much more, much much more....please ignore, please ignore, but there is much much more....goddy golly i'm a liger tiger tigger with a trigger / and i and you and they / it all felt as if it was too much / too good a much of a thing.................good night good ladies / spider crafty / the eye its seeming perfection / what a piece of thing is us, how infinite in forever, how nobble in act, ho how etc / be to to be not or / quantum ice cream / The Scream chases us forever / 'Dreams' /  shut up... / 'Give 'em enough rope..' / 123456 / yes / "what are ya.." /.../ Hullo Dr Flogmorton! Weren't you in the 7th? / The day it rained forever (is that book title?) / this is hard doin' all this nonsense / I'd better stop / ... / Richard Brautigan's library of unread books / Richard....all the richards....where have they all gone? / it / Wha-? Eh?! (ca. 1992 or so) / witless wit / wither? / come west-the-sea / these fragments free me is my hope / hope / hope Pope or Pope / grope / it goes on.../ double

...........................................................................................................................................................

..............................................................................

6 comments:

richard lopez said...

this richard is here.

good, glottal text. love to read your source notes, if you have any. or were you going on your gut?

Richard said...

Hi Richard!

Just rattled it all off. I had two lines I used to use.

Repetition is truth.

and

Terror is the purest emotion.

From creamy devil I mixed up a lot of Shakespeare...from Macbeth, Lear, one sonnet we did at school and so on.

Iain Sinclair wrote a book of essays and poems called "Flesh eggs and Scalp Metal" -its all I've read by him but I have another of his books here from the library.

"Give 'em enough Rope " is book of poetry by the language poet Bruce Andrews. It is just a hodge podge I might add to it then post the source works. Mostly I went from memory.

"A universe of anti-rooms..." is from a poem in a book by Charles Bernstein. I think I have the book or copy of it here somewhere...Irecall it from 1992
when I did Literature at Auck Uni.

"Good night good ladies..." or similar you may know is in The Waste Land and derives from Ophelia's and speech in Hamlet.

I wrote all this down quite rapidly more or less on an impulse to fill a space at the bottom under the "emptiness" and with the 'contradictory' phrase about repetition (following the line in The Shining "All work and no play..." a dramatic moment in that film...

All the Richards refers to my "interview with the Richard Taylors when many "versions" of myself have a conversation...it was published in a mag called Brief, but it is an earlier post on this Blog.

The fragment "Come west-the-sea" was taken randomly from a book/poem by Susan Howe (I think! I onlydid it yesterday...): I just liked the musical phrase (dialect, Irish I think, or was it from a novel?)

'Dreams' was one of the rare times I went to film festival, a Chinese woman I had met (who knew no Chinese as she had been brought up by English people) asked if I was big on movies, I lied I was...so she paid for us to see quite a few good "festival" type films, and 'Dreams' I have since used a lot in poems I have written.

On line I generated from that is:

"The tunnel became a scream." (My reaction to the part where the dead Japanese soldiers march uselessly back and forth in a tunnel not realizing they are dead.)

"What's the matter with the matter is from a longish poem by me that is on an earlier post on here.

Richard said...

I'm painting my house (sanding it, repairing rot, etc etc) at the moment and it feels like I have an 8 to 5 job in construction!

I'm 65 now but it feels good getting this kind of exercise.

But I'm almost too knackered to do the post entries I was going to do. I read or stare at the computer screen as if I hoped something would appear of miraculous significant.

I seem to have "writers block" or more likely lack motivation or something so anything done helps!

I started writing a story (put a novel I though of doing on hold as being too much)....

Richard said...

Hi Richard!

Just rattled it all off. I had two lines I used to use.

Repetition is truth.

and

Terror is the purest emotion.

From creamy devil I mixed up a lot of Shakespeare...from Macbeth, Lear, one sonnet we did at school and so on.

Iain Sinclair wrote a book of essays and poems called "Flesh eggs and Scalp Metal" -its all I've read by him but I have another of his books here from the library.

"Give 'em enough Rope " is book of poetry by the language poet Bruce Andrews. It is just a hodge podge I might add to it then post the source works. Mostly I went from memory.

"A universe of anti-rooms..." is from a poem in a book by Charles Bernstein. I think I have the book or copy of it here somewhere...Irecall it from 1992
when I did Literature at Auck Uni.

"Good night good ladies..." or similar you may know is in The Waste Land and derives from Ophelia's and speech in Hamlet.

I wrote all this down quite rapidly more or less on an impulse to fill a space at the bottom under the "emptiness" and with the 'contradictory' phrase about repetition (following the line in The Shining "All work and no play..." a dramatic moment in that film...

All the Richards refers to my "interview with the Richard Taylors when many "versions" of myself have a conversation...it was published in a mag called Brief, but it is an earlier post on this Blog.

The fragment "Come west-the-sea" was taken randomly from a book/poem by Susan Howe (I think! I onlydid it yesterday...): I just liked the musical phrase (dialect, Irish I think, or was it from a novel?)

'Dreams' was one of the rare times I went to film festival, a Chinese woman I had met (who knew no Chinese as she had been brought up by English people) asked if I was big on movies, I lied I was...so she paid for us to see quite a few good "festival" type films, and 'Dreams' I have since used a lot in poems I have written.

On line I generated from that is:

"The tunnel became a scream." (My reaction to the part where the dead Japanese soldiers march uselessly back and forth in a tunnel not realizing they are dead.)

"What's the matter with the matter is from a longish poem by me that is on an earlier post on here.

richard lopez said...

richard:

i find the best cure for writer's block is just sit down without any idea of what you are going to say and have at it. often i surprise myself with all that energy that gets uncorked.

you are talking about kurasawa's movie, right. i have an anthology of mostly bay area poets published early in the last decade all poems in response to that film. i remember seeing it in a local arthouse on its first release. some of the episodes resonated with me, and some didn't. i remember martin scorsese as vincent van gogh that i thougt was pretty good. especially when van gogh points to his missing ear and said he cut it off because it kept getting in the way of his portrait.

a very many richard taylors? imagine how many richard lopezes live in california! some of them are me!

i too find physical labor, physicality, uplifting to my spirits. the endorphins kick in rising me above the blues. i walk to and from work every day, about 5 miles roundtrip. doing it helps keep me sane.

Richard said...

richard

yes I can see that is an idea. i have a mix of problems. i'm not sure i have writer's block. i could say that if my whole energy was say into a novel (i did plan a novel and wrote some but shifted to the idea of stories) but this "project" that i do puzzles me. i keep thinking such thoughts as "am i a writer" ... in fact i might write something with that as an underlying idea. i play chess,and even though i admire the greats in chess (long list) and love the game in many ways, i couldn't see myself living my whole life for chess as some do. of course no one lives their whole life for any one thing really. i suppose deeply religious or very politically committed or humanitarian people may do. scientists. but all of them also must eat. very few people can not be "in the world". i increasingly saw conventional novels or poems standing alone as not necessarily "logical". but then i think apart from the "theory" i simply have never been organized (very well) or very industrious. the only writer i know who "glories" in this somewhat is the British novelist Geoff Dyer. i haven't read his novels but i read his book of collected essays 'Otherwise Known as the Human Condition'....

i didn't know who Scorcese was when I saw the movie but by watching those I learnt about some film makers I had never heard of. I'm still not big on films but I'll post a poem that was inspired by a viewing of "The Age of Innocence" (a "classic" written by Edith Wharton). The film didn't electrify me but recalling it triggered something.

I liked that film Dreams - I thought it was one of the best films I had seen all the way through. I saw 2 of his other movies. They were good but not comparable for me.

I recall Roger Horrocks getting me along to watch some experimental films and Brakhage was on the menu so (also of course I can connect to Len Lye of NZ and another exper. film maker (McClaren, I have a book about him); What happened was that images from that or like his work kind of merged into a number of my poems.

I once googled my own name and of course the guy associated with Weta Workshop came up but there is a famous misionary who translated the Treaty of Waitangi etc, there is also a Philosopher (I read an essay of his when I studied philosophy about 1991), also there are biologists and many many other -poets even and good ordinary people.

One fellow contacted me! I posted the whole page of links from Google or it maybe was several...

The interview was satirical and I numbered all the "variations of myself" and the interview was quite crazy.

you might be ALL the lopezs! You might even be Ruy Lopez, who developed one of the main opening methods is chess in the 1600s or something.

Yes exercise does increase endorphin output. I took a rest today though!